Registration for the 2015 Death Ride® will open at 10:00am PST on 12/11/14 thru imATHLETE. Please review our entire website carefully for event information, all policies are strictly enforced.
No Transfer Policy:
The policy of the Death Ride® is to give every registrant an equal chance at entering the event. It is a combination of the Death Ride’s® fairness policy and the significant amount of difficult registrations that force the Death Ride® to have a “No Transfer Policy”.
The 2015 Death Ride® event entry fee is $125 for single riders and $250 for tandem riders. This entry fee DOES NOT include the imATHLETE processing fee. Portions of the registration fees will be donated to volunteer groups and non-profit groups in Alpine County and for use of the National Forest lands, road closures, law enforcement and infrastructure of the event.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Riders are able to cancel their ride entry until 4:00pm PST on 04/15/15. imATHLETE will issue a 50% refund of your entry fee. This refund will take up to 2 weeks to process once received by imATHLETE. Processing fees are not refundable. Rider will have to notify the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce in writing of this cancellation on or before 4:00pm PST on 04/15/15. You can email your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (530)694-2478. If your credit card has expired your entry fee will be non-refundable. Some of our hard costs occur months before the event and will be paid by the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce regardless if you show up or not.
2nd Rush Registration:
On 04/16/15, imATHLETE will re-open registration at 10:00am PST to fill the canceled spots. If you didn’t make the first round here is your chance to get in the event during the 2nd round of registration. Be sure to bookmark the registration link to get there quick on registration day!
Helpful Hints for Registration Day:
- READ THE 2015 REGISTRATION TIPS & GUIDELINES.PDF
- Bookmark the imATHLETE Registration Link so you can access the page quickly on registration day.
- Event entry fee is $125 for single riders and $250 for tandem riders. We will not be mailing your registration/liability form. You will pick up your form at the event. This entry fee DOES NOT include the imATHLETE processing fee.
- Declined credit cards could decrease your chances for a confirmed spot. You will not be considered registered until your payment has been processed.
- Make sure that your email address will accept the confirmation email from imATHLETE. Spam filter and bulk mail filters have caused problems in the past with registration.
- Tandem registration is ONE bike with TWO riders. This is not a single or team registration.
- If you are registering in the tandem category please have the following info ready: tandem partner's name, date of birth, emergency contact and phone and email address. These questions will be mandatory in order to complete a tandem registration.
Duplicate registrations will be canceled. Registration fees ARE NOT refundable.
- Custom Death Ride® Patch
- Custom Death Ride® Water Bottle
- Custom Death Ride® Five-Pass Finishers Pin (if course is completed)
- Giveaways from Sponsors at Bike Expo and on course
- Official Participant Numbers
- Highway Closures
- SAG, Tech & On Course Communication Support
- Medical Support
- Law Enforcement Support
- Food & Drink at Rest Stops
- Lunch (10:00am - 3:00pm)
- Live Music
- Hot Showers (07/10/15 & 07/11/15 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm)
- Rider Dinner (dinner complimentary per event organizers and is NOT refundable)
At Check-In/Registration, you will receive your rider packet which will include bib/bike numbers and a custom Death Ride® patch, a Death Ride® waterbottle and a Tuf Map. Additional rider giveaways will be available for pick up at sponsor/vendor booths during the bike expo on Friday and Saturday. Bags are not provided for giveaway items, be sure to bring your own. To check in all riders MUST provide a Photo ID. Please come prepared with your ID. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date and address that is on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Registered Out Of Country Riders & Tandem Riders:
Please come prepared with your photo ID for check in. Your bib/bike numbers will be available for pick up at the Death Ride® Office during the posted registration times. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date and address that is on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Tandem riders must check-in together at the Death Ride® Office. If you are registered as a tandem you must ride a tandem bike. Tandems will receive one bike number.
Friday, 07/10/15 (11:00am - 7:00pm)
Check-In/registration is at Turtle Rock Park located on Hwy 89, just 2 miles north of Markleeville. If your are unable to pick up your rider bib/bike numbers on Friday, you must inform the event organizers by 07/01/15 either by email or fax (no phone calls will be accepted.) Staff will not be available for emails, faxes or phone calls after 07/01/15.
Limited* Saturday Morning Check-In:
Saturday, 07/11/15 (4:00am - 6:00am ONLY)
*To pick up your rider packet during posted Saturday times you must inform the event organizers by 07/01/14 to hold your rider packet at the Death Ride® office. We cannot add new riders the day of the event.
We will no longer be selling no show spots on the day before the event. The Death Ride® is held in difficult and remote areas. We are now required to distribute rider lists and emergency contact information with our law enforcement officials, medical personnel and our communications support team two weeks prior to the event.
Check To See If You're Registered:
A list will be available after each registration event. This list will not be updated with ride groups, training camps, volunteer to ride participants, tech support and sponsors. Your name will not appear if you check the box on the registration form informing us not to include your name on the website.
Note to Riders:
The Death Ride® management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the entry fee, to refuse admission to or eject any person(s) whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, who language is vulgar or who fails to comply with these or other event rules. Any violation of these rules by riders will result in removal from the event and any future events.
© 2000-2014 Death Ride® - All Rights Reserved
Operated under special use permit on the
Stanislaus, Eldorado, and Humboldt/Toiyabe National Forests.